Search This Blog

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Snakes - Majun Gotenks


I'm kicking off this review series with the first erotic story I ever read. Up until that point, I had been interested in themes like corruption, possession, and transformation, but had never consumed media directly designed to be erotic. I watched clips of possession and transformation from movies and television shows on YouTube (this was quite a feat given that my family had slow-as-shit dial-up back then) and I used my imagination. Oh Lord, did I use my imagination. 

However, Snakes was the first story to take all of these disparate concepts I was vaguely interested in and condense them into a single place. Let's just say I didn't leave my room much the day I discovered it. 

The basic plot of Snakes is pretty simple and direct: A girl named Jen wanders into the woods and finds an usual snake. Jen bends down to look at said snake, and it takes the opportunity to shove itself into her mouth. From there, a lot more snakes and orifices get involved. One thing leads to another and soon, Jen is producing more snakes and spreading them to all her female friends and family. 

The story has its rough and awkward moments. Some of the prose is stilted and at times the anatomy depicted strains the bounds of reason. 

That all being said, the story is a hoot! I enjoy the way Jen transforms from an ordinary teenager to a predatory being, solely focused on reproduction. The story manages to keep the moments of corruption fresh by depicting different reactions to the snake invasion. Jen's sister becomes as debauched as Jen herself, while the mother is transformed into a reluctant broodmother, horrified by what she's become. 

The story also uses ambiguity well. There is one scene where in which Jen enters the bathroom and notices a girl in one of the stalls. She lets loose a snake, the girl in the stall screams and struggles only for her voice to be cut off as she is taken. Nothing else is shown, but you can imagine what happens after. 

This story had a big influence on me. It introduced the idea of serial recruitment and has similar themes to Organism-X. While it's definitely not my favorite story, it has a special place in my heart and I highly recommend it - especially if you're a fan of Organism-X.  

No comments:

Post a Comment